Saturday, March 10
A tranquille 2 hours in the sun
Well that's what the forum said anyway... And for once, thanks to the help of my favourite Linebacker Caleb, the 2 hours was spot on. As for the tranquille bit, while it wasn't exactly fun, everything went really well and the Beast now has new disks and pads. I'm glad I didn't put it off longer though, as when I removed the old pads, 3 out of 4 were shot or fell apart when I put them down. As for the disks, I assume they had never been changed... A quick purge and top-up of DOT-4 and I as off with the ol' FORD for a burn up the mountain. As the performance was fantastic, I had no fear heading back down again :)
I'd like to thank Caleb for his assistance and God for giving us such great weather and the patience I needed to get the job done with only 2 small grazes (note for later, any fast spinning action (like turning the handle on the jack) close to tar is BAD NEWS for knuckles...).
Well that's what the forum said anyway... And for once, thanks to the help of my favourite Linebacker Caleb, the 2 hours was spot on. As for the tranquille bit, while it wasn't exactly fun, everything went really well and the Beast now has new disks and pads. I'm glad I didn't put it off longer though, as when I removed the old pads, 3 out of 4 were shot or fell apart when I put them down. As for the disks, I assume they had never been changed... A quick purge and top-up of DOT-4 and I as off with the ol' FORD for a burn up the mountain. As the performance was fantastic, I had no fear heading back down again :)
I'd like to thank Caleb for his assistance and God for giving us such great weather and the patience I needed to get the job done with only 2 small grazes (note for later, any fast spinning action (like turning the handle on the jack) close to tar is BAD NEWS for knuckles...).
