Monday, November 30
Disappointing and painful.
Are two words that sum up our “handball” performance last night. We drove almost two hours to get thrashed by the comp leaders, which is fine, but the way we did it was woeful. I don’t even know what the end score was, but it was around 35-17. The ref we had was the best EVER and she was very fair, very just and let the game play as it should. Unfortunately our team couldn’t put 3 passes together, missed more than 50% of our shots and wouldn’t have scared a team of under 14 year old girls when defending. To add pain to the suffering I possibly tore my left calf muscle (again) about 10 minutes in and was a useless (and the only) sub for the rest of the hour. I got barged over 2 minutes before the end by a young punk with sharp knees (one or both of which ended up colliding with my right thigh) and hobbled off the court (it’s hard to limp when both legs are in pain). now I have the frustrating task of trying to assess what we did wrong (so many things) and try to give solutions to change the way we play, which is made even more frustrating by the fact that we only have one practice a week and only half the players turn up...
