Thursday, December 11

Light stories (part 1: engagements)

Ever since being “interested” in Candide I thought that Lyon, during the lights festival, would be a great place to ask her to marry me. it would be specially meaningful, since that’s the place/night it all started last year.

The evening went well, we had dinner with her best friend Marie and her husband Olivier (a great couple!), then hung out with them and Mica (Cand’s cousin). The lights were beautiful, it wasn’t raining (but pretty chilli!) and there were less people than last year.

After a couple of hours of walking around, we headed up to the cathedral, where there’s a superb view of the city (most people go to the left side, as there’s an open space, but the right side has the same view with less people…). as we were walking to where you can see the city, I pulled the ring out of my pocket and put it in her hand (we were holding hands at the time), saying that I had another gift for her (I’d given her ear-rings a few hours before, in a small “ring” box) but that if she accepted it, there were consequences. She stopped, looked what was in her hand, then looked at me. and that’s when I asked her…

It was really weird, although we’d been doing a marriage prep course, unofficially talking about future plans and she knew I’d asked her dad a few weeks before (he called her up and told her!), it was still quite a emotional, scary moment! Part of me is glad that I won’t have to do it ever again, but at the same time part of me wishes I could do it again and again…

 


Comments:
Go Weeksaroni! I knew there was a wee romantic heart beating in you somewhere. Never mind proposing, being sent round to your future wifes father to ask for her hand is the scary part!! Yikes do they do that in France???

Looking forward to it.

Ben
 
yeah, i did that first...scary times!
 
You are THE MAN!!

One sly dog in love with his French Poodle.

We can't tell tou how happy we are for you and Candide. Karen and I can't wait to meet her.

- Lance
 
YEP HII.
mr and mrs wentworth miller huh,,

congrats wents =)

xo
 
class mate! so happy for ya big lad!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?