Wednesday, May 7

Washed out.

Due to masses of rain in a short period of time, the pristine mountain bike track out at Kilingsworth have been almost all washed out. I went out there with Chris and John to do some sweet single-track riding and was surprised on a few occasions (especially coming round corners) at whole parts of track just gone (some were chasms over a meter deep, others super rutted out, other underwater).

We still had a great ride on the portions that were ride able, despite getting horrid chain-suck (leaving me without a middle-ring) and eventually breaking the rear derailleur cable (making it a tough ride home in one strenuous gear). What a place! I was glad I was able to share that one with some good mates who hadn’t been out there before.


Comments:
Killingworth single track = schweeeeeeeeet.

Next time you're in Aus it will most likely be national park or state forest and won't be ridable. The new HMBA club track at Awaba State Forest will be in full swing though. Woohoo!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?