Thursday, May 1

Between two coasts…

Weird how small things in life can seem huge, and in a sense if it wasn’t all relative, there would be no small and big things, just things which affect you in different ways.

Today was my last possible day to check my PO box for my visa. I’ve been praying and hoping that I’d get it in time to catch my scheduled flight (leaving at 16:45 today) and because it didn’t turn up this week (I’ve been walking down and checking every morning), I feel like my world has been shaken to its very foundation. I can and will still sing “despite my lot, though hath taught me to say it is well with my soul”, because all is well with my soul. It’s just the other parts of me that are a bit confused and wondering what next…

As I was walking back from the post office I was thinking about all this and the fact that, to date, this is possibly the hardest and strangest time I’ve been through. And then I was thinking about friends in crazy places where people live and die because of their faith in Jesus, about friends who’d just had their lives rocked by sickness, death, separation, theft, or whatever else. Compared to these situations, my life is RELATIVELY unbelievably great: I am loved, I love, I am healthy and things, on the whole, are going great. I’m glad I realise that things are relative, if not all “small” things in life would become huge mountains!

Oh and on a different note, thanks to Mike McCarthy for the title of this post (which is a fantastic musical track of his on Wisdom is Delight)…like most things he writes it’s profound. It also just happens to describe my situation well at the moment…

 

 


Comments:
in my prayers bro.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?