Sunday, April 20

Dreaming reality?

So there I was, setting up my tent in the middle of nowhere, at least now it was. I’d started setting it in the midst of friends’ tents, but as I looked up, I was now far away. I walked over to where Bake, Doorbell and Bec, Lachlan and a whole bunch of other friends I can’t remember or recognise and felt in a kinda haze, sort of half awake and puzzled as to why they’d let me set up over where I had been…

Evidently there was much more to this dream than I recall (as it is always with dreams), as it seems clear in my mind but then when I start to recount what happened it becomes all blurry. What I do remember though is the feeling of waking up and thinking that I would be saying good-bye to my Australian friends and family soon. They would still be friends, but they would continue their lives without me, like a train you can hop on and off but that just keeps going. It’s been great to re-integrate such a great bunch of friends (or great bunches of friends who do different things) and, as I’ve said previously, it has been like it used to be. I’ve been waiting and praying on my visa for the last weeks and months now and everyday it gets closer to being done. Last night I was chasing up some paperwork I need (so it was obviously on my mind), but I hope that this dream was a vision of needing to say good-byes.

It’s unreal to have such great friends here (and in friends I include family as well, who are to me like friends) and I count it as a blessing that I can have such great friendships. It’s also been amazing to catch up “where I’d left them” and do the things I used to do with them (playing music, biking, hiking, chatting, going to home groups, Church, feasting, having a pepper…). As I get ready to go (and I’m still praying that it will be the 1st May) I want to take the time to thank them (you) for their ongoing friendship and support of what I’ve been doing and will continue to do. It’s amazing and overwhelming!

 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?