Wednesday, January 30
Visa? Yes please!
I recently found out I’ve been working “illegally”…well, not quite. I went to apply for a short term residency card (due to my visa expiring in March) and was told that I couldn’t get one without returning to
I assumed that the wrong information had been passed on (I know I can’t get a renewal on my visa, but I know I can apply for a “carte de séjour”), so I went to the chief of personnel and asked about that.
It appears that I was supposed present my work visa to get a piece of paper saying that I could work in
Because I hadn’t done this (I had no idea I had to!), I wasn’t supposed to be working, so I might have to take some forced break until it gets sorted out (which would be great!). The head of personnel has been great and she has connections with the proper authorities. They’re going to try and get me a 3 year seasonal work permit, which would be excellent (rather than applying for one every year).
Evidently things may not get sorted out, which would mean I’d see you aussies sooner than expected! In any case it’s out of my hands now and as always, God is in control and will determine what the outcome is…
<< Home

