Friday, September 7

My lawnmower is bigger than that!

So anyway, I got back to camp with RC on Sunday night only to find a FIAT 126 with a “ITALIA” sticker on it and a UK number plate, parked in the driveway. It suddenly clicked that the anonymous comment left on my blog a few weeks ago would have to have been from Micah, since, having read his blog I found out that he had recently acquired such a vehicle and that, seeing it in this part of the world, meant that he had driven it here (complicated, I know!). Surely enough, he strolled out of the dark to greet me. Amazing!

For those of you who don’t know what a FIAT 126 is, just imagine a small dog kennel with 4 wheels, engine in the back, boot in the front, 2 cylinders, 650cc engine (that’s right, not even 1 whole liter!!)…and it got here from norn iron! Wow. So I had the pleasure to hang out with Micah and Naomi for 2 days and get caught out by the accent… “do they take cars up on the plateau in summer” asked Micah one evening. I said no and he looked surprised, saying that they took cars up on the plateaus in Switzerland. I thought for a second and it then clicked… “Oh, you mean cows mate…”


Comments:
Aw superb back in belfast..... cars in Ireland but not norn iron!! made it as far as wexford and then said... 'flip sake like...' an so we left it with a friend and finished the last of the journey by bus but made sure to remove the chese and get it saftley home, got some of that stuff with the line of mould down the middle... unbelievable. was flippin class trip, was good to see you, look forward seeing you in norn iron. posts to follow....
 
that's hilarious! hope yu can get it sorted out like...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?