Thursday, January 11

Burning Mountain.

C’mon, just the name makes you want to stop and check it out! The thing is it’s on the way to somewhere. When you’re driving long-ish distances to see friends of family, you want to get there, which means you miss out on all this great stuff in between…

Yesterday, as I was driving back from seeing some great friends in Tamworth, I made the stop. I’ve been to Tamworth a few times, always looking at the sign and never stopping (it’s an hour or so away from tamworth, which is 4 hours from newie, meaning that when you go there you’re trying to get there and when you’re coming back you don’t want to stop cause it’s only an hour in…). I pulled over and parked, got out of the car and jogged to the top of the hill (longer than I thought it was going to be!). it was pretty cool to see. A coal seem, which has been burning since…the flood? Thousands of years anyway. The vegetation around it is different, the dirt is red, the sky blue, and the hills around it make it very scenic indeed! So next time you drive to Tamworth, stop and check it out. It’s definitely worth the stop!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?