Monday, October 23
Jas is a machine.
I know what you’re saying, nothing new! He calls me yesterday and suggests we go riding sat. he has a PE teachers’ meeting in newie for 2 days (hence he’s here), “so it will have to be early”. We agreed that it would be, hail or shine (the weather’s been a bit how’s it going lately…). When the alarm went at 5:30 this morning I thought it was playing a prank on me (see post “mystery”), especially since I’d got to bed very late (1 am) having played pool for 4 hours the night before. When I saw the weather (wet and grey) I was ready to text him I wasn’t coming, but I didn’t. I got to his in-law’s place at 6:15 and we (Jas, his mate Chris and myself) went off into glenrock for 2 hours. It was fantastic. Great weather (cool, wind, cloudy but no rain), great tracks (I showed him heaps of “new” ones and all were dry and cmooth) and great company. We rode pretty solid and did 25kms off road, bringing my total to 41kms by the time I got home at 8:45 (before Doorbell had even woken up). It felt kinda weird, the day was just starting and yet I’d already ridden 40kms!
<< Home


