Tuesday, September 5

Not invincible…

It’s weird. I always thought that Steve “the crocodile hunter” Irwin was really good at what he did and that he only took calculated risks, never being in real danger due to knowing his limitations and animal behaviour really well. It was a real shock to find out about his death yesterday, as a result of a stingray stab.

I guess it made me reflect and realise that even “professionals” who are really good at what they do still make mistakes, that no one is invulnerable and that if you’re alive you will die. I don’t mean to sound gruesome or negative, I guess I’m being realistic. Maybe we tend to go through life feeling we’re kinda invincible, that we get hurt if do silly things but that it’s all fun and games. I shared this with my students this morning and I hope it makes them think that life is not all just fun and games. I pray that God will comfort Steve’s family and friends and that Australian people will take this as an opportunity to stop and think about life (and death). Even though I’d never met the croc hunter, I’ll miss not seeing him doing what he loved and did best.

 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?