Monday, May 15
Went for 2 great rides on Saturday: in the morning I rode 19km to killi to meet up with monkey. We rode 2 laps of the “new” state track (which will prob be the 8hour track as well). Plenty of sweet single track, clean turns, nice downhills and gruelling uphiils. After an hour or so I rode home, had some cake, apple pie, custard and yoghurt (left over from the “dessert and games night” the night before) and a cup of tea, read a book, played with a puda program and had some pasta for lunch. After a wee lie down I was back on the bike, headed for glenrock (about 8km away). I stopped on the way to chat to a Scottish bicycle tourer and met up with some older boys at Haasie’s place. We rode round for a good hour or so on the sweet glenrock trails. The sun was setting, so twas very scenic (especially with the beaut surf rolling in…). I rode home just before dark, making it 90km for the day, which isn’t bad. I then went to play tennis with the men from Church (after some more left overs from the previous night…). Quite a relaxing Saturday J
