Tuesday, March 14

Where’s that track Adski?

I went for a huge ride last week-end, I wanted to go for 3-5 hours for training for the 8hr race coming up next week-end. I left from home, loaded up with water, food, tools, spares and 4hrs of music. I rode on some of my favourite access tracks towards sugarloaf mtn. I passed stockrington and went up a nice track adski and I had ridden last year (one, which I’d tried to find previously but never did). Half way along this track you cross a road. I couldn’t remember where to go after that and spent the next 30-40mins looking for that track, going deeper in the bush, down, down, down and getting to dead ends. I got quite scared, since I was in the middle of no-where, on bushy grown-over single-track. I had a phone, but if I got knocked out… eventually I found a track that went up and up and up (obviously it was the last one left to try!). I got to the top after riding and pushing up the steep rocky bits and came out onto the track I was supposed to be on!

I rode up the “mountain” via the road then onto the ridge for about 6kms before some sweet downhill and some more huge climbs. I got home 4hours after I started, having done 78kms, absolutely stuffed! I hopped one the scales for interest sake, having drank more than 4litres of water on the ride: 78kg. odd, considering that when I hopped on immediately after getting up I weighed in at 81.5. smokes! So in effect I lost 7.5litres of water over 4hours!!! After a couple of litres and a few hours of chilling I was back to 82 before going to bed J

 

 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?