Thursday, March 9
Time warp?!!
Is it just me or do you have a time warp in your life? It may be morning, lunch, evening or night. Mine happens at 9pm. Every week night I try and try to get to bed at 9:30, leaving me plenty of time to reflect on the day, talk to God about the future and read a book (which usually only lasts a few minutes before I drop off, still holding my head up, and wake up a few minutes later with a very sore neck…but that’s another story!).
As soon as the clock hits 9pm, the time warp starts. I usually only have to brush my teeth, have a shave and get to bed, but rarely do I hit the sack before 9:40…why? I have chatted long and hard about this with various friends (who look at me awkwardly) and my flatmates (who know exactly what I mean). How or why can/does time speed up at 9pm? Last night for example, I was in the kitchen with Doorbell and Adski, chatting and washing up. I looked at the clock: 8:50pm. We kept chatting and washing up. A few minutes later I looked again: 9:35pm?!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
All I can say is that there has to be a time-warp where minutes go quicker or something. If you don’t believe me, think back of a time you were in the cold and wet, waiting for a bus to turn up (like one late at night for example). I will call this the “reverse time-warp”…
