Wednesday, March 22


 

So after a great Saturday morning of kayaking in the surf with some new rodeo and big volume boats (so much fun!), I drove down to the southern highlands for the second 8hr race of the working week series. I got to Penrose forest and registered. My team mate Damian turned up and we went for a ride in the dark (he had great “stadium” lights while I had my minimal LED head torch). Fantastic track! after sleeping in the wagons (first time for the poo-brown cort) we raced the next day with another 420 riders. The course was two thirds sweet, windy single track and one third gruelling fire road. This track is absolutely awesome, pity it will be destroyed in a couple of weeks due to logging! We came 21st (out of 45 2-men teams), which we could’ve improved if I hadn’t snapped a spoke and punctured my tyre all in one smooth landing… I went as hard as I could all day, which was pretty rewarding. How the pros go harder and longer I have no idea! The drive home was good and fast and thankfully I wasn’t too tired (though my eyes were bloodshot due to 8hours or dust and tiredness).

 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?