Friday, September 2

So I just gave some blood, nothing new or surprising there! Though it seems that these days needles are getting bigger or my skin is getting tougher… it seemed to “tickle” a little more today. Anyway. 9 minutes after I started, the machine started beeping, meaning I’d finished. I waited there until a lady with a nice accent came to free me from the blood sucking machine:

“uhm…nice accent you got there…new jersey…?”

Austria!”

“OH…well then G’day mate…let’s shove…

Sorry, I got carried away…she said she was from norn iron, so I said where, and she said just outside Belfast, so I kept at it “which town”…”Lisburn”.

How random is that! in the middle of Australia (well…not anywhere special anyway), giving blood in the back of a truck and the nurse I get happens to be from the same area I lived for 2 years. Unreal!

As I was leavin I heard a nice piece of norn irish said to another customer: “here, take yer wee jumper off fer me please…”     love it!!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?